Total Pageviews

Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

arrived

So, I finally made it to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. It's 7:30 in the morning, I've been here for 10 hours, and this is what I've learned so far from my midnight tuk tuk ride, and peering out the windows of the villa I'm staying in.
First, there are no windows, just screens to keep the air flowing. And the heat is heavy. It's not overwhelming, but the air is thick. Very very thick. I have moist skin again and it feels good wearing shorts and a tank top. Everyone leaves their shoes outside. The city itself is interesting... its a strange mix between rural and big city, with small rundown buildings built next to more modern looking ones. I think I'll better be able to describe it once I see it in the daylight.
Val should be here in 4 hours or so. Maybe when we see eachother, music will play and the camera will spin circles around us. hmm. Anyways, I'm just excited to see her.
just wanted to let you know i'm here!

1 comment:

  1. I know the camera would spin circles around you two. That is how I pictured it. I wish I were there too!

    ReplyDelete